Volunteers and Mentors
We offer a 12-week Walk Project training course for mentors and general volunteers.
We have created two qualifications out of it
- a Level 2 course for general volunteers, and
- a Level 3 course for mentors and core staff.
These will be designed in conjunction with our colleagues at YMCA and accredited by the Open College Network, West Mids Region (OCN-WMR).
Course Tutors and Facilitators
We offer the following courses and modules to Walk participants.
- Out Course: a general rehabilitation and life-skills course, this will include a module on -
- Readiness for work and Job-Seeking.
- Recognising Victims: a course that challenges offending attitudes and seeks to create empathy in offenders.
- A cognitive-behavioural course to challenge attitudes of bullying and victimhood.
- Various building-related work-skills modules in scaffolding, plastering, etc.