Training for Volunteers
Walk develops and delivers bespoke training courses to Local Churches, volunteers and anyone desiring to work with ex-prisoners.
Courses can include the following:
- Objectives of the Walk Project
- Prison & Release
- Understanding Ex-Prisoners
- Understand Christian ex-prisoners
- Setting Boundaries
- The Mentoring Relationship
- Setting Goals, Targets & Problem Solving
- Risk and Need Assessment
- The ‘Walk' Orientation Programme
- Effective Communication
- Addiction and Dependency
- Difficult Meetings
Currently these courses are unaccredited but there are plans to offer such courses and also supplementary modules at a later date.